Translate

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Top Garden

The Top Garden is a much larger area and is still a work in progress. This is the sunniest part of the garden so I'm looking forward to seeing what will grow here. Being on the brow of a hill means it's a bit more exposed to the wind but the surrounding bush provides a bit of shelter. Last year I spent most of my efforts building a pergola and brick barbeque/fireplace which I'm yet to 'Christen' with friends. Now that they're basically finished I plan to concentrate on getting a couple of large gardens established. I've made a start as you can see in the area on the right hand side of picture (above).
This is the first of the 2 gardens which will again be terraced because of the slope. I've used landscaping grade macrocarpa timber to build a small retaining wall. At this stage I'm trying to get the soil prepared for planting which is proving difficult because of the clay and tree roots under the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment