Thursday, January 13, 2011
Race to Build a Sleepout #2
Things may not appear to have progressed very far with building the sleepout so far, but as with many building projects there are all the hidden, unforeseen tasks that crop up as they have in my case this week.
After I started building the floor and figuring out how it would join onto the bridge I realised my outdoor tap was going to be in the way so I had to get my plumber mate to come and move it. While he was there I realised it would now be a good opportunity to get him to put another tap up in my new garden to save all the hassles I've been having with joined-up hoses and pulling them from one place to another up and down steps all the time and damaging plants in the process.
I had also called my electrician mate to get him to come and advise me regarding putting power to the sleepout and he was keen to start before I got too far ahead.
This meant I had to interrupt what I was doing to sort these things out which included digging a few trenches for power and water. While I was about it I decided to run phone, TV aerial and broadband wiring to the sleepout as it would be so much more difficult later. This all required my time and attention.
Anyway, that's all sorted now so I can plough ahead and get the framing up which I'm ready to do next... read next article here.